About Dana White



From my first lesson at the age of nine I was hooked on playing the violin. My very first teacher, Mrs. Carol Berns used the Suzuki method to teach me the basics of violin position and playing. After a couple of years of playing I joined a local youth orchestra which launched me into participating in many other youth music groups and festivals. After high school graduation I attended Arizona State University where I studied viola with teachers Mrs. Patricia Cosand and Dr. William Magers. While at ASU I played in various music groups including the ASU Symphony Orchestra and ASU Mariachis. I graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education.
I began teaching violin and viola privately in 1995 and immediately loved it. In addition to my private teaching I’ve taught orchestra classes at McKemy Middle School and Broadmor School in Tempe. I have also taught general music classes at The Awakening Seed School in Phoenix.
My Music Activities:
Member of The Final Touch String Quartet.
Member of Mission del Sol Presbyterian Church Bell Choir
Member of Chandler Symphony from 2002 – 2007.